Sunday, June 10, 2007

Little People, Big World

Thinking back to my childhood, I can remember playing with my brother, Philip. He and I were just 20 months apart, and often played well together. There is one thing that stands out in my mind that we always used to play with. It somehow seemed that G.I.Joes, Transformers, Star Wars and Heman were too boyish for me....just as Barbies, Rainbow Bright, Cabbage Patch Kids and My Little Ponies were too girly for him. The one unisex toy that we agreed on were "Little People" by Fisher Price. We called them "People with the holes in the bottom". We had a farm, a camper and a house complete with all sorts of people with the holes in the bottom and Sesame Street Characters (I am sure some of you from the late 70's are nodding your heads).

Gary also shares my love for these toys. He also reminisces back to his farm and garage. I have heard someone say that having a child is like reliving your childhood! Gary and I have been picking up "Little People" for Libby here and there. We picked up a few more at a Yard Sale on Saturday and now have a huge village of people...complete with a hospital, zoo, barn, amusement park and fire station. Here, Gary is setting up Libby's village.

I don't know who love these toys more...Gary, Libby or me!!

2 comments:

DENISE said...

Angie, I remember the background behind Philip and you at your parents home...what great times... Love, Denise

DENISE said...

Tyler and Derek had people with holes in the bottom...