Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Cookie Day

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies with my mother. I can remember being Libby's age and standing with her (like Libby is pictured above) and helping her roll out dough (eating more raw dough than cooked), cut shapes and bake cookies. As Philip and I got older, we were deemed the "decorators of the sugar cookies". We typically make about 10 different sugar cookie designs...trees, wreaths, candy canes, etc. Here, Libby helped me put the sprinkles on the Christmas trees (you may note another tradition here...this is the 3rd year in a row that I wore this shirt for cookie day!)
Here, Libby, Nonna & I proudly sport our hard work...over 15 different kinds of cookies...all part of the tradition that I know as Christmas Cookie Day!

0 comments: