Monday, December 10, 2007

A Visit with the "Big Man"

Today, Libby & I had to go to the mall to pick up a few Christmas gifts. While we were there, we saw Santa, so I decided to see what she would do if we let him hold her. I first walked up and let her watch all of the other boys & girls get their picture made with the big man. She was smiling, pointing and saying "Ho, Ho, Ho!" over and over. I thought to myself, "This isn't going to be so bad". Luckily, there was not line...we walked up, shook his hand and put her on his lap. She freaked out, screamed and her face turned as red as his suit. I tried everything...sat next to them, let her hold her trusty bear "Big Red" and even tried to convince her that it was her Pop. After what seemed like an eternity, she calmed down and let him hold her. As you can see from the photo, she was not thrilled, but she tolerated him. Funny thing is, as soon as we walked away, and put on her jacket to leave, she was waving at him and saying "Ho, Ho, Ho!" again. I guess she prefers him from a distance!

2 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh How cute!

THE SENG HOUSE said...

I still say that Floyd is Santa Clause. He is the one that we went to. Floyd, if you're reading this, i want a red rider BB gun.