Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dear Libby!

Today was Libby's 3rd Birthday! It is absolutely amazing to me how fast time flies. It almost takes my breath away when I think about how grown up she is and how much she is changing into a little girl each day. I think I heard it said best today when a friend of mine said, "It's so exciting and so sad at the same time".
Today I woke her up singing "Happy Birthday". She got so excited and exclaimed, "I'm three today!" She started to lay back down into her bed and put her thumb in her mouth when she said, "Oh, I'm three today and can't suck my thumb". So far, so good!
After work, we headed to gymnastics with an entire cheering section, Nonna, Pop, Mimi and Pop joined the normal on-lookers. Above, it's easy to see where Libby gets her balance.
Nonna, Pop, Mimi and Pop were all pretty impressed with her gymnastic skills. She would do her task and then look up in the stands and make sure that everyone saw her! She even did a flip into the "cheese pit" like she said she would (she previously stated that she couldn't do it until she was three!)
After SIGS, we headed to "The Yellow Cactus" for dinner and a few presents. Even though her party isn't until Sunday, we thought it would be rude to make her wait until then to open anything...so we let her open her gifts from her grandparents and some from us.
Check out that awesome homemade cake from Cousin Dana! It looks like something out of a magazine and was delicious! I love this look (to Pop) while we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her!
Blowing out her "3" (dumb me didn't turn it around for the picture!)As you may know, we are currently going through some testing to determine if she has an egg allergy. After one bite of something with eggs, she wipes off her tongue and says, "it's yucky" or "this has eggs in it". She has had a few pretty bad spells, breaking out and swelling up. Needless to say, she was not able to enjoy her cake, but ate the whip cream icing from Nonna's cake and a Popsicle.
Happy Birthday, Monka!

0 comments: